Yesterday, December 2nd, saw the third annual #GivingTuesday – a day dedicated to giving to nonprofits around the world. Though it is incredibly early to say just how the campaign compares to last year, Steve MacLaughlin, Director of the Idea Lab at Blackbaud, has shared some preliminary figures with NPEngage.
As a provider of online fundraising software and online donation processing, Blackbaud’s analysis is “based on over 4,300 nonprofit organizations that received at least one online donation on #GivingTuesday 2014.” Here are some of their key findings:
- Since the inaugural #GivingTuesday in 2012, overall online giving is up 159%.
- Online giving for #GivingTuesday 2014 was up 36% compared to 2013.
- Blackbaud processed more than $26.1 million in online donations on #GivingTuesday 2014, up from the $19.2 million processed on #GivingTuesday in 2013.
- Online transaction volume grew 50% compared to 2013.
- The average online donation on #GivingTuesday 2014 was $128.30, slightly down on last year.
- 17% of online donation form views came from a mobile device.
While these are incredibly early results, it’s good to see that this year’s #GivingTuesday has been a success . We will continue to report back on the campaign, and look forward to sharing more robust and definitive outcomes.